A look at Wednesday’s weather

From the National Weather Service in Brownsville

The chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms continue Wednesday in the Rio Grande Valley, according to the National Weather Service in Brownsville.

It is unlikely that it will be as much rain as some parts of the region experienced Tuesday. There is a 40 to 60% chance for rain closer to the coast and a 25 to 40% chance in Hidalgo and Starr counties.

From the National Weather Service in Brownsville

Rio Grande City’s high is expected to be 100. Brownsville and McAllen will be 92 and 97, respectively. South Padre Island is expected to reach 84.

Looking ahead, deep South Texas is in for some extremely warm weather. On Thursday, temperatures will range between 95 and 103 degrees. On Saturday and Sunday, temps in some parts of the region may surpass 110 degrees. Over the next five days, temperatures will feel like they are anywhere between 106 and 117 degrees.

Temperature records may fall over the next few days.