Rain possible in the Rio Grande Valley to end work week

From the National Weather Service in Brownsville.

Multiple rounds of showers and thunderstorms are possible starting Thursday night through Saturday, creating an outside chance for local flooding near poor drainage locations if a strong storm cell develops, according to the National Weather Service in Brownsville.

McAllen and Rio Grande City could possibly see up to 1 1/2 inches of rain during the time span. Coastal areas could see up to an inch.

For Thursday, expect  partly cloudy skies with moderate winds and highs in the upper 80s and lower 90s. The best chance for rain is west of U.S. Highway 77. There is a 40 percent chance for rain in the McAllen area and a 60 percent chance in western Starr County.

McAllen’s high will be 94, and Brownsville will be 91.

On Friday and Saturday, there will be a 50 percent chance for rain with highs in the 70s and 80s.

From the National Weather Service in Brownsville