Flash Flood Watch extended for entire Rio Grande Valley

The National Weather Service in Brownsville has extended its Flash Flood Watch until 7 p.m. today for the entire Rio Grande Valley.

It has also extended its Flood Warning for southeastern Hidalgo County and northwestern Cameron County until 1:30 p.m.

The NWS reports a disturbance in the middle layers of the atmosphere over Deep South Texas and the Rio Grande Valley will combine with deep tropical moisture to produce numerous showers and thunderstorms today with a continued threat for flash flooding.

There’s a 70 percent chance of heavy rain today and a 30 percent chance of heavy rain tonight.

New rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches of rain are possible.